3.11.2010

Once Were Chimps

Why is it that the guy I'm always least interested in is the one who actively pursues me? Am I just attracted to the embarrassingly shy ones?

And really, I'm sorry feminists, but if you let a guy chicken out and make the first move yourself, you will always be making the next move as well. Yeah, I've heard guys think it's cute, sexy, whatever, when a girl asks the guy out. But how many of them actually stick around? I don't know why some dynamics exist the way they do, and it's weird to think that for a while we were just chimps. Then somehow shit started getting complicated, cavemen started being monogamous, others got polyamorous, gender roles were established, then partially torn down, then reconstructed then deconstructed in order to be reconstructed again. And really, from where I'm standing, although people can be easily lumped together, there's still a large degree of unpredictability among individuals. Not originality mind you, just unpredictability.

1 comment:

Bop it