4.08.2009

Ten Kinds of Apeshit

I don't know about anybody else, but I hate getting friend requests on Facebook from people I barely know. Or people I'm not even friends with. Or people I met once, while drunk. It's not like I use it to actually keep in touch with them. They just sit there on my friends' list, updating their statuses with things I don't care about, or uploading more photos I'm never going to look at. Should I be flattered that I made enough of an impression that they are willing to call me their friend? Even if it's only online? Shit no. One time this girl I glimpsed occasionally back in the days of high school tried to friend me, and I was like, WTF, bitch, please. I didn't even know she knew my name. I know I didn't know her name until I saw her photo. That's a lot of know's. Shit. It's not Myspace, people. I have one of those too, but I'm not motivated enough to comb through the masses of tiny pictures to find strangers to friend. I don't care that I look like a loser with only 11 friends, 3 of whom are bands. At least I know all the ones personally who aren't bands.

The Facebook thing bugs me in particular because I use fb like an extended version of email. Seriously, the only people who email me anymore are my mom and my school. Fb's got funny pictures to look at, and it's relatively easy to find people (it's not stalking if it's easy). Plus, goshdarnit, those little status updates are just so informative! Anyway, I don't use fb to make friends, just keep in touch with them. I mean the friends I like. Not the friends who think we're friends because we know the same people or spoke for a few minutes at some party.

I went grocery shopping last night for the first time in months. It was quite an experience. Of course, I also discovered that the place on the corner has some of the same stuff for a lot cheaper. But I only found that out today. At any rate, there's something really gratifying about knowing that I already have food I can eat, and I don't have to go a whole two blocks to buy a burrito or something. Saves money, I've heard. Mostly I got breakfast stuff, even though I get breakfast at work like four or five days a week. Well... whatever.

Oh, and, holy balls, they sell like ten kinds of cookies at the corner store! I'm'a go apeshit all over that shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bop it