11.02.2009

Little House On The Big Prairie

I took this shirt that was cute up top but waaaay too tight 'round my stomach, cut off the top, and sewed it (by machine) to a long length of soft fine jersey of a deep shade of blue. Now it's a very comfortable little dress, in keeping with the current styles.

Honestly though, I was more interested in making something comfortable. All these cute little babydoll tops always make my chest and shoulders look nice, but then they're tight the rest of the way down and it makes me self-conscious. Plus they're so tight all around, and made of such material, that my skin can't really breathe. Thus, the solution: take the part you like and add on to it, thereby making your own clothing, just like a prairie family.

If I made enough, maybe I could sell them online. Like on etsy.com, or something.

3 comments:

  1. I'd buy one. :P
    Awwwww.... famous profile pic!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. My aunts and grandma pitched and got it for me a few years back. It's pearly pink.

    ReplyDelete

Bop it