9.25.2009

I Don't Know How Many Of You Are Aware Of This, Buuuut

Linda Perry and Courtney Love are pretty much my heroes.

And why? Oh god don't ask. No, it's not really much to do with them as people. I don't know them as people. I only know as the raw, bellowing voices that are undeniably feminine, screaming words that people should probably listen to.

Honestly? I'm pretty much enamored with them as they were back in their day. I guess I should say their past selves are my heroes. I'm like basically in love with them as they were back then. Oh my god, just look up the pictures, for christ's sake. I don't really care whether other people think bands like The Husbands, The Avengers, L7, whatever, are better examples of angry grrrl bands. For me, they can't touch this. L7 comes a bit close, but seriously?? Who else can do that wild ululation like Linda Perry? Who else raged onstage in ripped stockings, babydoll dresses, and high heels like Courtney Love? Can't. Touch. This. Motherfucker!

And fuck all you idiot boys who think us girls are dumb for listening to our angry counterparts. Who are you, anyway, listening to your shitty metal, absorbed in the wandering of your single note? Go smoke some more pot.

3 comments:

Bop it