8.24.2009

Too Close To Starlight

Holy jesus crap, you guys, guess who I saw?? Ty fuckin Segall! Walked right into Toy Boat with a couple friends (cute ones). I was trying to solve an alphabet riddle that my coworker gave me, so I was a bit distracted, not to mention completely unprepared. It wasn't till I got a look at his shoes as he was walking out that it finally hit me who he was and I felt a certain ridiculous sort of despair at having missed my chance. What chance, you say? Well, and how would I know, since I didn't even take it? At the very least I should've asked how to pronounce his last name. I know he's playing another show next weekend with some other cool bands. Eh, Kate? One more time, girlie?? Pleeeeeease?

You might wonder why I recognized his shoes before I recognized him. I tell yas, we were standing thiiiiis close to him at the show after his band was done, and believe me, I gave him a very full and complete once-twice-three times over. So there. Nyeah!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. Good for you, Eviekins. Well, I have a long weekend next week anyway, so I'll prolly go, yeh.

    ReplyDelete

Bop it